Yes, the Our Kids’ PRIDE (Parent Resources for Information, Development, and Education) Pre-service training for foster and adoptive parents will assist you in deciding if becoming a Foster or Adoptive Parent is right for you and your family.
- The importance of teamwork;
- Co-Parenting techniques to work with the birth family;
- Meeting developmental needs of the child in your care;
- Helping children with loss and attachment and the effects of trauma;
- Strengthening families; and
- Continuing family relationships.